- Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice: includes social pharmacy utility, pharmacoeconomic, and quality of life research, counterfeit of drugs, drug utilization review, and drug safety.
- Drug Discovery and Biological Evaluation: includes in vitro & in vivo study and isolation of natural compounds, as well as the development of new inhibitors of different enzymes that are involved in the pathogenesis of different diseases such as antibacterial agents, antidiabetic agents and anticancer agents, using computational and conventional drug design methods.
- Drug Delivery, Analysis, and Characterization: includes development of control release drug delivery system, self-emulsifying drug delivery system, synthesis and fully characterize a range of polysaccharides-based nanoparticles used as drug delivery systems, in vitro drug release evaluation, comparison studies between generic and brand-name medications. Pharmacokinetic and in silico assessments using GastroPlus® modelling and simulation software and HPLC development method.
- Nutrition and Dietetics: includes performing nutrition assessment for different age groups, assessing the efficacy & safety of functional food and dietary supplements, conducting systematic reviews and meta-analysis to answer the questions encountered in the practice of dietetics, and developing safety testing & sensory evaluation of food products.
- Biotechnology: pursues a number of research directions ranging from fundamental biology, microbiology, biochemistry to mechanistic, in vivo and in vitro studies.